You enjoy agile software development, technical challenges and working in a team.
Do you want to learn more about what we are like as an employer?
Then find out about the wide range of benefits we offer here
We offer our clients a wide range of standard software, cloud solutions and consulting services, combining our interest in insurance-specific technical topics with our passion for developing innovative software solutions. We have compiled a breakdown of the work carried out by software developers here.
Is programming almost like a second language to you and are you maybe even fluent in Java? If so, you have come to the right place because software development is our core skill.
Platform-independent, flexible design of business processes and access channels, high performance even with large user volumes, flexible scalability – that is what makes our software stand out. Aside from the continuous optimisation and development of our proprietary standard product, msg.Insurance Suite, diverse customer projects always involve new, interesting assignments and challenges. As an application developer or software engineer, for example, you will analyse and implement specific customer requirements and be in charge of the conceptualisation and technical implementation of customisations. Alternatively, as a build manager, you will be responsible for making sure that the technical infrastructure of the system integration for building and running our software works properly, is maintained and is augmented to meet customer requirements. When it comes to projects, teamwork is very important to us: when consulting on technical requirements and coordinating development tasks, but also across all project phases, you will work closely with our interdisciplinary team – sometimes even right on the premises of our customers. In this process, you will coordinate closely with your colleagues from related technical fields and have the opportunity to work in an agile manner across different offices.
Do you want to look behind the scenes and find out what our employees have to say? Get to know them here
- Development at its best: Development of modern software applications; specification analysis, conceptual work and implementation of innovative software components, modules and functions
- Exciting projects: Product development and programming of software solutions, paying special attention to specific customer requirements and technical functions
- Java and other languages: Agile Java development in a modern JEE architecture using the latest technology such as Spring, Hibernate, Maven and JBoss
- Analysis and innovation: Digital transformation of business models, such as life insurance, with the help of big data and data analytics
- Quality management: Quality assurance and documentation: Supervision of the development process from testing to acceptance
- Development on a general level: Leading of projects and sub-projects and, where necessary, workshops and customer presentations
We treat one another with appreciation and fairness. We treat one another with respect and recognise the work done by others.
A fair, team-oriented way of working is very important to us. We are respectful of one another and all work to create an atmosphere of trust.
We overcome challenges with a wealth of ideas, enthusiasm, the willingness to embrace personal and professional development, personal responsibility and motivation.
We strive for future-proof solutions that create value.
We encourage new ideas and offer lots of freedom for innovative ways of thinking and approaches.
We keep our word, uphold agreements and take responsibility for our work.
We will not pigeonhole you. Your skills are all that matter to us, regardless of your gender or sexual identity, ethnic background or race, disability, age, religion or beliefs. We use the term ‘race’ because it is currently still used by the underlying legislation (the German Basic Law (GG) and Act on Equal Treatment (AGG)).