Mathematician / actuary
You are enthusiastic about demanding business processes and enjoy actuarial mathematics
Do you want to learn more about what we are like as an employer?
Then find out about the wide range of benefits we offer here
We offer our clients a wide range of standard software, cloud solutions and consulting services, combining our interest in insurance-specific technical topics with our passion for developing innovative software solutions. We have compiled a breakdown of the work carried out by mathematicians and actuaries here.
Here, you can apply and hone your technical expertise in consulting, customer projects or product development. The priority is always to closely intertwine actuarial mathematics with the technical requirements of software programming. Working with us as a mathematician, for example, you will be involved in actuarial application development, analyse special customer requirements or design and realise needs-based technical designs for actuarial IT solutions as part of a specific customer project. Alternatively, you can make an important contribution to product development by creating functional and technical specifications and taking charge of mathematical programming for our software solutions. You will often work across different offices and, depending on your role, have the opportunity to leave the back end and actively supervise all the development phases of a project in direct contact with the customer, and see your work being implemented with your own eyes.
Do you want to look behind the scenes and find out what our employees have to say? Get to know them here
- Technical conceptualisation: Development of client-specific software solutions, such as rates and rate parameters, model calculations, new policy issues and contract extrapolations
- Implementation: Implementation of sophisticated policy requirements in the actuarial computation module
- Technical design: Product data modelling for life insurance products; design; functional analysis and IT conceptualisation of system extensions
- Quality management: Development of system-compliant execution and implementation plans, development and performance of tests
- Communication: Creation and implementation of workshops and seminars for customers; handling of actuarial issues
We treat one another with appreciation and fairness. We treat one another with respect and recognise the work done by others.
A fair, team-oriented way of working is very important to us. We are respectful of one another and all work to create an atmosphere of trust.
We overcome challenges with a wealth of ideas, enthusiasm, the willingness to embrace personal and professional development, personal responsibility and motivation.
We strive for future-proof solutions that create value.
We encourage new ideas and offer lots of freedom for innovative ways of thinking and approaches.
We keep our word, uphold agreements and take responsibility for our work.
We will not pigeonhole you. Your skills are all that matter to us, regardless of your gender or sexual identity, ethnic background or race, disability, age, religion or beliefs. We use the term ‘race’ because it is currently still used by the underlying legislation (the German Basic Law (GG) and Act on Equal Treatment (AGG)).